Monday, June 19, 2017

Look Who's Back - D. Wnendt 2015

What the concept of the return of Adolf Hitler to today's Germany may lack in originality (classic fish out of the water) it makes up for in audacity.

Indeed, to have the Germans find him charming and captivating is what I call a very bold move! Whether that in turn compensates for what I definitely felt was a lack of credibility (I mean Come On!! It's Hitler!) is an open question.
 
What did bother me in this film :
- I wasn't very funny. It should have been. It would have been like a glass of water to swallow the pill.
- It depicted the German people as a homogenous bunch of conservative fascists. Which was daring enough, but in my experience very unfair. 

In short, an interesting idea which would have deserved a better treatment.


No comments:

Post a Comment